Library Offers Free Language Learning Resource
Lake County, Calif. (July 25, 2023) — The Lake County Library is supporting language learning with its new, free online resource: Mango Languages.
Mango Languages is a language learning service available on the web and as an app for Android and iPhone, free with your library card. This resource is especially beneficial to adults who are learning English as a second language.
Mango Languages is a personalized, adaptive language-learning experience that provides the tools and guidance you need to expand your language skills wherever and however you learn best. Mango has over 70 world languages, including Endangered and Indigenous languages, and more than 20 specialized English courses.Mango Languages offers:
- Real-world conversations that won’t leave you lost in translation
- Placement Tests to begin exactly where your skillset suits you
- Voice Comparison for matching your pronunciation with native-speaker audio
- Listening & Reading Activities for reinforcing learned material and building new skills
- Personalized Review System that adapts to your individual learning pathway
- Culture Notes for unique insights into different cultures
Access Mango Languages for free through the Lake County Library by visiting: https://www.lakecountyca.gov/1551/Mango-Languages
Need more help? Library Staff will be happy to help! Call (707) 263-8817 or visit your local branch or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lake County Library’s Literacy Program is also working to support adults learning English as a Second Language with its one-on-one tutoring program. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer literacy tutor, please call 707-263-7633 or email email@example.com.