City Engineering Division
The City Engineer supports the community development and building departments by performing the following functions:
- Review of encroachment permits including technical requirements, application of design standards and related traffic control plans
- Provides pre-development review of projects including storm water management, on site drainage, off site street improvements, City design standards and related standard plans.
- Maintains and updates City Design Standards and City of Lakeport Standard Plans
- Provides engineering review of development plans for site improvements
- Provides engineering review of street improvement plans including roadway, curb, gutter, sidewalk and storm drainage
- Prepares and manages consultant design contracts
- Manages City Capital Improvement (CIP) projects
- Provides technical assistance during construction to Public Works department during construction
- Provides design services relating to City projects as requested by Public Works
The Goals of the City Engineer are:
- Provide various engineering services and technical assistance to the various City departments.
- Provide timely engineering review for proposed development projects.
- Provide engineering support for projects constructed on public property.
- Provide consultation regarding city engineering for the City Manager and the City Council.