Welcome to the Lakeport City Clerk's Office!
Kelly Buendia, City Clerk
The city clerk and staff are committed to providing quality public service and connecting the public with the legislative process. We strive to ensure that the City's legislative processes are open and public by providing a link between citizens and government with processes aimed toward transparency. Through efficient use of City resources we are able to ensure the preservation of the City of Lakeport’s legislative history.
The City Clerk's Office promotes transparency in the course of conducting the People's Business; maintains the City's official records and documents; ensures ease of access to public information; and makes available timely and accurate information required to support the City Council in making policy decisions.
The position of City Clerk is appointed by the City Manager and operates under statutory provisions of the California Government Code, the Elections Code, and City ordinances and policies.
The Clerk is the local Elections Official who administers democratic processes such as elections, access to City records, and all legislative actions ensuring transparency to the public. The Clerk also acts as a compliance officer for federal, state, and local statutes including the Political Reform Act, the Brown Act, and the Public Records Act.
Responsibilities of the City Clerk’s Office:
- Acts as the records center for official actions of the City Council
- Produces agendas, minutes, and public hearing notices
- Oversees the City's Records Management Program
- Maintains the Municipal Code
- Attests and notarizes City documents
- Serves as Clerk of the City Council and Secretary of the City of Lakeport Municipal Sewer District and the Successor Agency to the Former Lakeport Redevelopment Agency, as well as the City's various Committees and Commissions.
- Administers municipal elections in cooperation with the Lake County Registrar of Voters
- Acts as the filing officer for campaign and economic interest statements required by the Political Reform Act
- Custodian of the City seal
- Providing public access of records for review by the community