City of Lakeport Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Lakeport. Job openings are posted here as soon as recruitment activities begin.
|Police Sergeant||Police Sergeant||$5,085 - $6,489|| Until Hired
|Police Officer I-III||Police Officer I-II
Police Officer III
|$4,067 - $5,681||Until Hired||Benefits||Police
|8/1/2019 @ 5 pm||Benefits||Police Employment Application||N/A|
To receive notifications of new job openings, enroll in the Job Opening Enotify / Notification Service.
Employment Application and Selection Process
To apply for a posted job opening you must complete the City of Lakeport Employment Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. You may do so through one of the following means:
- Download the PDF form from the website and either complete it electronically or print out and complete by hand.
- Come in person to the City of Lakeport offices located at City Hall, 225 Park Street, Lakeport, CA and ask for a paper application package at the front desk.
Employment Application Process
- All applicants must submit a City of Lakeport Employment Application along with any other required documents and supplemental questionnaire listed on the job flyer to: City of Lakeport, Attn: Human Resources, 225 Park Street, Lakeport CA 95453 .
- The City of Lakeport only accepts applications for current job openings. Unsolicited applications/resumes may be will not be considered.
- A separate application is required for each open position.
- Resumes are encouraged but are not accepted in lieu of an official City of Lakeport Employment Application. Please include any resume with your completed application.
- Application and any required documents listed in the job flyer must be received by the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on the final closing date.
- Applications sent via U.S. Postal Service must be received by the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. on the final closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted.
- Applications received after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Employment Selection Process
- Human Resources will collect all job applications up to and including the posted closing date.
- Occasionally, a job will be posted with no set closing date in which case those applications are reviewed at periodic intervals – and the website will be updated accordingly.
- Following the posted closing date, all applications will be reviewed for minimum qualifications, and create a short list for interviews and/or testing.
- Depending on the complexity of the position and the number of applications received, testing may be required prior to interviews. If you are selected to participate in this testing process, you will be notified by phone or email.
- In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if special accommodations are necessary at any stage of the testing process, please notify the Human Resources Department in advance at 707-263-5615 x 101 so your request may be reviewed prior to the occurrence of testing.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email or telephone.
- Following interviews, Human Resources will contact the top candidates to participate in second round or Department Head interviews.
- The top candidate(s) will receive a conditional offer and start the background process.
- Top candidates will be placed on the eligibility list for this position for up to one year.
- If you are not selected to move on in the process you will be notified by email.