City of Lakeport, California

Frequently Asked Questions for Residents

I heard that you are not allowed to have alcohol in Library Park. Is that true?

It depends.  You are allowed to consume alcoholic beverages on park grounds during the Summer Concert Series and 4th of July.  However, if you are having a picnic, family function, etc. that doesn’t include the events mentioned above, you are required to fill out written permit prior to consumption in the Park. Permits can only be obtained at the Lakeport Police Department.  Additionally, consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages is not permitted in the children’s play area, which extends to the south of the concrete walkway to the rear of the old Carnegie Library building. 

More Resident FAQs:

How can I shut the water off to my house?

How do I get my sewer lateral certified?

How much does the City charge to rent the Gazebo?

I have low water pressure, or no water?

I heard that you are not allowed to have alcohol in Library Park. Is that true?

Is there an official list of addresses in the City Limits?

What are the Finance Department hours?

What do I do if my sewer is backing up?

What is the cost to rent the Westside Community Park Soccer Field?

What type of work requires a building permit?

What workers compensation insurance requirements do I need to be aware of as a contractor, or when hiring a contractor?

When is your billing period?

Where does wastewater go?

Where is my water meter and how can I read it?

Who can obtain a building permit?

Why do I have a late fee on my utility bill?

Why is my water bill so high?

2/5/2019: City Council Meeting


2/19/2019: City Council Meeting


3/5/2019: City Council Meeting


3/19/2019: City Council Meeting


4/2/2019: City Council Meeting


View Event Calendar