Community Development Document Center
We have attached Documents for your convenience. Though many can be found on other pages, there may be some that are only located here.
If you have any issues retrieving one, or cannot locate the form you are searching for, please feel free to email or contact our staff and they will be happy to assist you.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Building Documents54 documents
Monthly Permit Report15 documents
- 2019 February Permit Report
- 2019 January Permit Report
- 2018 December Permit Report
- 2018 November Permit Report
- 2018 October Permit Report
- 2018 September Permit Report
- 2018 August Permit Report
- 2018 July Permit Report
- 2018 June Permit Report
- 2018 May Permit Report
- 2018 April Permit Report
- 2018 March Permit Report
- 2018 February Permit Report
- 2018 January Permit Report
- 2019 March Permit Report
Applications and Attachments11 documents
- Building Permit Application Application for Construction Permit
- Re-Roof Supplemental Supplemental Attachment to Building Permit
- CDWMP Form Construction/Demolition Waste Management Plan Form
- Subcontractor List Supplemental for Construction Permit
- Owner Builder Form Informational Supplement to Building Application
- Smoke Detector/Carbon Monoxide Compliance Form Supplemental to Building Permit Application
- Archival Retrieval Request Form Request for Information on Archived Building Permits
- CLMSD North Sewer Expansion Form Sewer Expansion Form for New Construction
- Water Expansion Fees Form Water Expansion Fees Form for New Construction
- Tree Preservation Supplement Inventory of Existing Trees for Construction
- Erosion Control Measures for Single Family Construction BMP Information for Construction sites
Forms and Handouts28 documents
- Design Criteria City Design Criteria for Construction
- As Built Permit Information How to Bring Existing Structures into Compliance with Permit
- Building Permit Process Building Permit Process Checklist
- Deck & Patios Information
- Demolition Information
- Electric Car Station Information
- Grading Permit Information
- Non-Residential Permit Information
- Re-Roof Information
- Requirements for Buildings in Flood Zone
- Solar Permit Information
- Green Building Information
- Accessory Structures
- Retaining Wall & Fence Information
- Development Information
- Plan Requirements What you need on your Plans for Plan Review
- Re-Roof FAQ's Handout
- Exemptions from A Building Permit What you can do without needing a Building Permit
- Cal Green Tier 1 Handout What is currently required by Cal Green
- Cal Green Tier 2 What will be required by Cal Green in 2020
- Green Parking Handout Green Parking Design
- Inspection Procedure for Residential Construction Handout for Residential Projects
- Soil Erosion Control Tips
- Storm Drains Storm Drain Information Handout
- Stormwater and the Construction Industry Handout
- What Are Swales? Informational Handout
- What is Greywater? Handout about Greywater
- Home Horrors - Lessons from Home Inspectors
Business Licensing Documents1 document
Code Enforcement Documents3 documents
Environmental Resources Documents2 documents
- Lake County Climate Change and Health Profile Report Lake County Climate Change and Health Profile Report - Published February 2017
Complaint Form1 document
- Complaint Form Reporting an Issue or Concern Form
Planning Documents38 documents
City of Lakeport Boundary Maps2 documents
- Small-format City boundary map with address limits 11" x 17" map showing City boundaries and address limits as of June 2019.
- Large-format City boundary map with address limits 24" x 36" map showing City of Lakeport boundaries as of June 2019
Downtown Improvements Project Phase II Update2 documents
Guides and Procedures14 documents
- Architectural and Design Review Facts and Information
- Architectural Design Review Requirements
- Environmental Review Procedures Guide Guide to the City of Lakeport's Environmental Review process including information about the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). This guide was updated in 2010 to reference changes in CEQA adopted by the State of California.
- General Plan Amendment Procedures Guide
- Guide to Minor Architectural and Design Review Minor Architectural and Design Review. The Community Development Director is authorized to review and decide upon applications for minor architectural and design review involving the following: 1. Small Projects. New uses, renovations, remodels, or additions to existing nonresidential structures which do not exceed four hundred square feet in gross floor area or that do not involve alterations to more than twenty percent of any one or more exterior side(s) of the structure. 2. Duplex residential units.
- Guide to New Commercial, Industrial and Multi-family Residential Development Architectural and design review is required for all new proposed commercial, industrial, multifamily residential, institutional, or similar buildings; for the proposed exterior remodel of buildings that result in altered appearances, additions, extensions, or enlargements; and for all proposed residential to office/commercial conversion projects.
- Guide to Parcel Maps (Subdivision of Four or Less Parcels)
- Guide to Rezoning (Zone Change) Procedures
- Metal and Fabric-Covered Carport Regulations
- Secondary Accessory Residential Unit Regulations Regulations for the development of a Secondary Accessory Residential Unit, also known as a "granny unit." These regulations were updated in 2013.
- Subdivisions of Land Guide
- Use Permit Procedures Guide
- Variance Application Procedures Guide Handout detailing the application requirements and review process for a variance application.
- Zoning Permits Procedures
Lakeport General Plan 20255 documents
- City Council Resolution 2346 (2009) EIR adoption Resolution of the Lakeport City Council approving the certification of the Final Environmental Impact Report for the 2025 Lakeport General Plan.
- City Council Resolution 2347 (2009) General Plan adoption Resolution of the Lakeport City Council approving the adoption of the 2025 Lakeport General Plan. Approved on April 21, 2009.
- ER 15-02 City of Lakeport GPA & Zone Change Final CEQA Initial Study analyzing applications for Amendment of the City of Lakeport General Plan and Zone Change associated with the acquisition of property at 2025 South Main Street, Lakeport, CA (APN 005-045-42). The site is intended to be used as a new Police Department headquarters.
- Housing Element: 2014 Update This Housing Element (2014-2019) was created in compliance with California General Plan law pertaining to Housing Elements and was certified by the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) on November 17, 2014. This updated element was adopted subsequent to the adoption of the 2025 General Plan.
- Lakeport General Plan 2025 The 2025 Lakeport General Plan was adopted by the Lakeport City Council in April 2009. The General Plan is the culmination of several years of time and effort from the City Council, Planning Commission, advisory committees and staff. The General Plan is the official document used by decision makers and citizens to guide and interpret the City's long range plans for development of land and conservation of resources. The General Plan represents an agreement among the residents of Lakeport on basic community values, ideals, and aspirations to govern a shared environment.
2014 Focused General Plan Update & Prezone Project4 documents
- City Council Combined Notice of Availability and Public Hearing Legal notice providing details about the upcoming public hearing before the City Council for the proposed General Plan amendment.
- Draft Environmental Impact Report Lakeport General Plan Update Draft Environmental Impact Report for the 2009 City of Lakeport General Plan update.
- EIR Addendum: 2014 Focused General Plan Update & Prezone Project An addendum to the City of Lakeport General Plan EIR, focusing on modifying the Land Use, Urban Boundary and Conservation Elements of the General Plan. Modifications to the General Plan Land Use Map and to the City's Prezoning designations are also addressed. The addendum was prepared in October 2014.
- Final Environmental Impact Report Lakeport General Plan update Final Environmental Impact Report for the 2009 City of Lakeport General Plan update.
Draft EIR: General Plan Update2 documents
- Draft Environmental Impact Report public review period for a Draft Environmental Impact Report will commence on November 4, 2008 and end on December 18, 2008 concerning the potential environmental effects of the proposed project, identified as the City of Lakeport (General Plan Update).
- Notice of Availability Notice of Availability for public review of the Draft Environmental Impact Report.
Final EIR: General Plan Update4 documents
General Plan 2025: Appendices2 documents
General Plan 2025: Chapters1 document
Forbes Creek Neighborhood Improvement Study 2011-20121 document
- Forbes Creek Neighborhood Improvement Study This study provides recommendations for improving the Forbes Creek neighborhood while preserving the characteristics that residents value. The study not only outlines street, drainage, and sidewalk improvements, but also offers creative solutions to neighborhood issues and provides a realistic implementation program. Furthermore, as the first neighborhood study in Lakeport, it provides a basis for understanding how the city's residential areas may be improved and maintained. The Study was completed in 2012 and was funded by a California Community Development Block Grant.