Parks and Recreation Commission
The City of Lakeport Parks and Recreation Commission was created by the Lakeport City Council in 1984.
The powers and duties of the Commission include:
- Act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in matters pertaining to City parks and recreation.
- Cooperate with the Planning Commission and civic organizations to advance the sound planning of new recreation areas and facilities.
- Recommend policies on City recreation facilities to the City Council for consideration of approval.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned to the Commission by the City Council.
- The continued expansion of Westside Community Park
- Downtown Walking Path
- Recommendations to the City Council regarding the maintenance and operation of Library Park and the Lakefront Park areas (ongoing).
Staff for Parks and Recreation Commission is provided by the Lakeport City Manager’s office (707-263-5615 ext. 104) and the Public Works Director (707-263-3578).